Elisabeth Murdoch College has a long and proud tradition on the sporting field. Our students represent the College with pride and passion, endeavouring to achieve their best every time they participate. At Elisabeth Murdoch College we offer our students a wide range of sporting opportunities throughout the year. The sports on offer are:
- Term 1: Cricket, Baseball, Softball, Tennis and Golf.
- Term 2: Football, Soccer, Netball and Badminton.
- Term 3, Basketball, Field Hockey and Table Tennis.
All students at EMC have the opportunity to participate in Inter School Sport. Participation always comes before winning and we will always attempt to get as many students representing EMC on the sporting field as possible.
EMC’s sporting teams compete in the Northern Peninsula Division (NPD) against the following local schools:
- Monterey Secondary College
- McClelland College
- Patterson River Secondary College
- Frankston High School
- Mt Erin College
- Carrum Downs Secondary College
All NPD competitions involve a type of round robin tournament to determine the District Champion. The winning school then has the opportunity to progress onto Southern Metropolitan Regional Tournament then the Victorian State Championships if successful. Some notable team performances of the past few years include:
- Year 8 Girls Soccer State Champions (2018)
- Year 8 Boys Cricket State Champion Runners Up (2019)
- Year 7 Girls Cricket and Field Hockey State Finalists (2018 and 2019)
- Year 7 and 8 Girls Softball State Runners Up (2017 and 2018)
- Senior Girls Hockey State Finalists (2019)
- Intermediate and Senior Boys Netball State Finalists (2018 and 2019)
- Intermediate Boys and Girls Table Tennis State Finalists (2018)
- Countless Regional Finalists (Basketball, Cricket, Soccer, Table Tennis, Football)
Swimming, Athletics and Cross Country
Along with Inter-School Sport, students at Elisabeth Murdoch College also have to opportunity to represent the school at Athletics and Swimming Competitions. Students will first compete at EMC’s Whole School Athletics and Swimming Carnivals to qualify for the District Team. Successful Athletes and Swimmers will then progress onto Regional and State Championships.
Some recent notable performances from EMC students include:
- Harry Marks – Under 14 State High Jump Champion
- Heath Corbett – Under 16 State 400m Silver Medallist
- Charli Mitchel – Under 17 State Finalist
- Jaimee Wainwright – Under 18 800m and Cross Country Silver Medallist
- Joshua Hutchins – Multiple State Final Appearances in Freestyle and Breaststroke
- Year 8 Girls State 50m Freestyle Relay Finalists
Whole School Sport Carnivals
The College also provides fun and entertaining whole-school carnival days in swimming, athletics and cross country, where students compete for their respective sub-schools: Allinga, Bindana, Kurunda and Myamba.