Elisabeth Murdoch College School Zone and Enrolments
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined based on your permanent residential address**.
**The permanent residential address is defined as one where:
- The home is owned by the parent or guardian
- The home is under purchase by the parent or guardian
- The home is leased from a registered real estate agent by the parent or guardian.
A child residing permanently in the neighbourhood area has the right to attend Elisabeth Murdoch College. The student must be living with the parent or guardian at the permanent address or spend “most” of the schooling week if residing at two different addresses at the property within the Zone.
The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
Departments Placement Policy in relation to enrolment is:-
- Students for whom Elisabeth Murdoch College is the designated neighbourhood school.
- Students who reside permanently at the same address as their sibling/se currently enrolled and attending the College
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds*.
- Compassionate grounds, where there are significant family or individual circumstances.
- Any additional spaces available will filled with students who are the next closest to our school zone.
Grade six students - If your primary place of residence falls outside of our designated zone and your Year six student has a sibling whom is already enrolled at the College and will also be attending in 2024, we ask that this is also included on both your transition form in the area provided for siblings and also in your out of zone application letter (Please provide the Full Name, Homegroup and Year level of the sibling attending Elisabeth Murdoch College).
For more information
For grade 6 to year 7 enrolments please discuss with your current Primary School. Further information can be found at https://emc.vic.edu.au/elisabeth-murdoch-college-enrolments/transition.html.
Queries for enrolment during the school year for all other year levels please complete our enrolment enquiry form via this link: https://www.emc.vic.edu.au/elisabeth-murdoch-college-enrolments.html