At Elisabeth Murdoch College, we have a strong focus on student leadership, student voice and developing our students’ leadership skills. We aim to improve these skills through formal leadership programs, strong community partnerships and through practical based leadership experiences. We provide inclusive leadership opportunities within the classroom, extra curricula activities, and through specialist programs. This allows students with the opportunity to be active and informed citizens, develop lifelong skills and align with the College values.
The role of Student Leaders at Elisabeth Murdoch College include:
- Behaving in accordance with the school values
- Being ambassadors for the College throughout the local and wider community
- Being a positive role model for students by modelling and advocating College behaviours
- Having a passion for improving our school
- Demonstrating the THRIVE behaviours
- Being an active leader of student events and activities
- Promoting student achievement and excellence.
Student leader mission statement.
- Our mission is to represent the needs and wants of our College and wider community with pride and respect.
- We are committed to promoting excellence and building relationships to promote a positive future.
- We are dedicated to helping others and giving back to the school by providing students with a voice, and providing action to the initiatives raised upon us”.