Our College is totally committed to the safety, health and wellbeing of all students. This is a new section of the website and is currently under development.
Our aim is to:
- Improve health and wellbeing through coordinated and strategic initiatives.
- Implement and deliver targeted and evidence based programs to build student resilience.
- Coordinate support of vulnerable and at risk students.
The College is implementing the MindMatters framework which involves consultation and meaningful engagement with students. MindMatters promotes inclusive school practices and the quality of school staff-parents-student realtionships.
We care about developing each of our students as a whole person. We build positive relationships and offer opportunities that position students for their pathway to success. Some of these opportunities include:
- One on one counselling
- Referrals to extenal services
- Small group programs such as Boys Boxing, Study without Stress, Drum Beat, Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience (AIME)
- Links with community programs such as Frankston Youth Services, City Life Cafe
- Year level programs and presentations from organisations such as REACH, Brainstorm Productions, Peninsula Pride
- Student voice such as QSA, EMC Student Wellbeing Association, focus groups
RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
For more information, please visit these links to external websites.