Middle School (Years 7 - 9)
At Elisabeth Murdoch College, students are grouped into a Middle School and a Senior School. Middle School includes Year 7, 8 and 9 and Senior School includes Years 10, 11 and 12. As students transition through the College they develop their chosen pathways, specialising in subjects as they progress through each year level.
Years 7 - 9
Year 7 - 9 students follow courses that are designed using the Victorian Essential Learning Standards (VELS). During these years, students will study these areas as distinct subjects (such as Maths and Science), whilst other areas will be integrated in many of the subjects a students takes (eg. ICT, Personal Learning, Communication and Thinking).
Table 1. Number of 72 minute sessions per subject, per week
|Year 7||Year 8||Year 9|
|Health & PE||3||3||0|
- Acting Assistant Principal - Jo Lackman
- Allinga Leader - Caitlin Scholefield
- Bindana Leader - Matt Hyden (Performing Arts Collective)
- Kurunda Leader - Brodie Clapperton (Leaders in Sport)
- Myamba Leader - Julia Nasser (The Murdoch Program)