2017 Annual Report to the School Community
The College Council has three critical roles:
- Developing the strategic plan;
- Approving the annual budget; and
- Setting and reviewing policies.
Other roles include:
- school maintenance
- developing, reviewing and monitoring policies such as the Student Code of Conduct and the dress code
- school community engagement.
All government schools in Victoria have a school council. It is given the power to set the key directions for the school, and is a legal entity in its own right. A school council directly governs and influences the quality of education that a school provides to its students.
To carry out its role effectively, the school council needs to be able to work cooperatively with the parents and staff at the school. School and community consultation is an integral part of the effective running of school councils.
Note: Further materials are available from the Department of Education and Training (DET) website.
School Council Parent Representatives:
- Damien Pepper (President)
- Ewan Humphrey (Vice President)
- Raelene Burton
- Naomi Slee
- Graeme Carter
- Mohamed Hussein
- Dean King
- Richard Hall
- Jess Wade
- Brodie Clapperton
- David Perry
- Miranda Castles
- D’Arne Carpenter
- Zara Wiseman
- Katrina Bosanquet
Council Meetings are usually held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month beginning at 7.00 pm.
- Finance & Facilities Committee meet at 5.00 pm prior to the Council Meeting
- Education sub-committee and Uniform Committee as required.
- Accountability meets as required, usually during Terms 4 and 1 to prepare the Annual Implementation Plan and Annual Report
- All are welcome.
Nomination forms can be obtained from Jenni Hunter in the College administration office.